FEZ Beach Regulations
We want everyone who visits the FEZ beach to have a good time and feel safe. We therefore ask that you follow any instructions given by our staff and adhere to the rules set out here. They are mandatory for anyone who enters the FEZ beach and lake area.
In particular, please show consideration for other swimmers and act in such a way that none of our guests feel intimidated or harassed.
If you have questions, suggestions or complaints, our staff will be happy to listen. We hope you enjoy using the FEZ pool!
1. Instructions for Use of the FEZ Beach
- These rules and regulations are in place to maintain safety, security, organisation and cleanliness at our beach and lake. By entering the beach area, you agree to adhere to these rules and regulations. In addition, all users of the FEZ beach agree to the general house rules of the FEZ itself and the fee structure of the KJfz-L-gBmbH in their respective valid versions.
- We ask that you treat the beach facilities with care and respect. In the event of misuse, deliberate contamination or negligent or deliberate damage to the facilities, the person(s) responsible will be held liable.
- All swimmers must refrain from behaviour or actions that contravene public decency or jeopardise safety, peace and order.
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Proof of age must be provided if staff are unsure whether the accompanying adult is at least 18 years of age.
- Accompanying adults of children are solely responsible for their supervision, behaviour and general childcare. The staff of the FEZ Berlin are not responsible for supervision or care of any children.
- Girls and boys under the age of 6 years old may use the changing room and showering facilities of the opposite gender if accompanied by an adult of the opposite sex.
- For hygiene reasons, we cannot allow shaving, pedicures, manicures etc.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn while in the water. Everyday clothing and street clothing is not permitted.
- For safety reasons, objects that break easily or are fragile (e.g. glass, ceramics, porcelain), dangerous objects such as knives or weapons and water pipes or hookah pipes are not allowed.
- Use of the FEZ beach may not be possible or be limited due to technical, safety, weather-related or organisational reasons. There is no entitlement to a refund of the admission fee.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the beach area or sunbathing area. Please use the designated areas if you wish to smoke (Raucherinsel).
- Photography and filming is not permitted.
- If you find lost property, please hand it over to our staff as soon as possible.
- The FEZ beach staff is authorised to determine and apply additional rules at any time as and when the circumstances require. Any requests or instructions given by our staff must be followed immediately.
- The FEZ beach staff have the power to determine who shall be allowed access to the FEZ beach. If you endanger yourself or others, harass others, fail to heed the instructions of our staff or otherwise violate the rules outlined on this page, you may be asked to leave. Furthermore, you may be issued with a temporary or lifetime ban from the beach or the entire premises. In each case, your entrance fee will not be refunded.
- The prior consent of FEZ management is required in the following cases:
- the advertising, provision or implementation of swimming lessons, training or official forms of entertainment associated with the FEZ pool,
- photography and filming for commercial purposes and for press or television.
- the offer of goods and services and distribution of advertising material.
2. Opening Hours
- Opening hours and changes to opening hours will be announced via notices posted arond the entrance to the FEZ beach. Please check our website.
- Ticket sales for the FEZ beach will take place solely via our online ticket shop (tickets.fez-berlin.de). It is not possible to buy tickets in person at the FEZ.
- Visitors must leave the lake 15 minutes before closing time.
- The changing rooms, food and drink areas and beach areas must all be vacated at the the published closing time.
3. Admission & Receipts
- By purchasing a ticket to the FEZ beach, you automatically acknowledge and consent to these regulations.
- Keep hold of your admission receipt until you leave the FEZ beach.
- Anyone found using the facilities of the FEZ beach without a valid admission receipt (including using a concessions ticket without reason) shall be required to pay the unauthorised use fee of €30.00.
- Entry will not be permitted to:
- persons under the influence of intoxicating substances,
- persons with communicable illnesses or diseases that must be reported or with open wounds
- persons with pets (not including blind people accompanied by guide dogs).
4. General Safety Regulations
- Non-swimmers may must stay in the non-swimmers' area as marked by signs and buoys. Swimmers may use the larger demarcated area but must proceed no further.
- To avoid disturbing other visitors, sporting activities (such as volleyball and table tennis) may only take place in the designated areas for these sports.
- The use of inflatable boats, diving equipment and snorkelling equipment is prohibited.
- Diving can be dangerous and must always be supervised by an adult. Apnea diving and extreme diving are forbidden.
- Diving or jumping into the lake from the wall side is prohibited.
- During thunderstorms, you must leave the water for your own safety.
- For security reasons, guests are requested to report any damage to equipment or the general facilities as soon as possible.
- The use of any electrical equipment is not permitted in the FEZ beach area.
- You use the FEZ beach and lake at your own risk.
- The KJfz-L-gBmbH is not liable for:
- any damages that you incur while using the FEZ lake and beach, the sporting equipment and pool games and any other facilities within the beach area,
- any damages caused by third parties (theft, damage to property, injuries while swimming or playing games etc.),
- for loss of property, money or any valuables,
- for loss or damage to vehicles or bicycles parked in the designated spaces.
6 Additional Regulations
- In addition to the FEZ Beach Regulations outlined above, visitors must also adhere to the current social distancing rules and hygiene measures that are in place to contain the spread of the novel Coronavirus Sars CoV-2.
These pool regulations are in force as of 6th June 2020.
The Managing Directors